Samsung’s third-generation DuoCam, the SC-D6550, is even smaller than its predecessor and boasts a higher-megapixel count: 5 up from 4. The camcorder has a 10x optical zoom lens and can record MPEG-4 video. The SC-D6550 has dedicated lenses and sensors for the video and stills. It also sports a USB connection for easy data transfer to your computer, as well as PictBridge technology which enables you to connect the camcorder directly to any printer which supports PictBridge standard via a USB cable.
In a nutshell, the Camcorder features a 900x variable speed digital power zoom and a 680K pixel CCD, while the Still Camera features Zoom lens (optical 3x, digital 12x), 2592 x 1944 still image resolution, MPEG4 video clip recording and Multicard slot (the multiple card slot allows for the use of Memory Stick, Memory Stick Pro, SD Card or MMC).
- 900x variable speed digital power zoom (10x optical): variable speed control is activated by automatic sensing of the amount of pressure applied to the zoom tab.
- 680K pixel CCD: delivers high-resolution video images with superior color resolution and detail. It surpasses the conventional camcorder with digital quality and its high performance PC interface.
Still Camera Features
- Zoom lens (optical 3x, digital 12x): allows you to easily make a distant object appear closer by using the 3x / 12x zoom.
- 2592 x 1944 still image resolution
- MPEG4 Video Clip Recording: Record MPEG-4 digital video clip, which has high picture quality and takes up little memory space. Video can be stored directly to your Memory Stick or transferred to your PC via USB.
- Multicard slot: the multiple card slot allows for the use of Memory Stick, Memory Stick Pro, SD Card or MMC as flash memory card to record still images or MPEG4 movie clips. The snap-shot feature can also record still images for up to 6 seconds on to videotape.
- PictBridge: PictBridge technology enables you to connect the camcorder directly to any printer which supports PictBridge standard via a USB cable.
- Easy-Q button guarantees uniformly excellent shots for you under any conditions. For Easy mode, you press the Easy-Q button. button. From there, everything is set.
- EZ Dial Navigator allows for quick navigation of the most commonly used functions by simply rotating the conveniently positioned thumbwheel.
- Remote control
(Please note prices are subject to change and the listed price is correct to the best of our knowledge at the time of posting)