You can win a free LAlarm business license ($50 value) for further protecting your laptop and your data just by entering our sweepstakes.
LAlarm Systems has kindly agreed to sponsor 30 business licenses to their LAlarm laptop alarm security software. Yes, that’s right – not 1 winner, not 5, not 10, but 30!
All you need to do is sign up for the free Gizmos for Geeks newsletter (see the top right-hand corner of this page) and be a subscriber as of Sun 30 May 2010. If you’re already a subscriber, congrats, because you are already entered.
Read on for more details.
LAlarm is an application for Windows (XP, Vista, 7) that works by sounding a loud audible alarm if an attached flash drive and/or power cord is removed from your laptop.
This is great for when you’re out in public (say a coffee shop) and need to step away to hit the restroom.
But LAlarm is much more than just an alarm:
- you can configure it to auto-delete data on theft
- it can send an e-mail alert on theft
- send an alert via SMS to your phone on theft
- keep your laptop within a certain perimeter (great for businesses)
- monitor your hard drive’s health and alert you prior to possible failure
- prolong your battery life, by alerting you when the battery is under stress.
There aren’t a whole lot of rules, as this is a rather simple giveaway, but just in case there’s a mad clamor to snag a license to this very useful piece of software.
- You need to be subscribed to the Gizmos for Geeks newsletter with your real name by Saturday 29 May 2010, 11:59PM EST.
- The Winners will be chosen on Sunday 30 May 2010 by a random drawing (we like to use random.org). We will send the winners their license key directly to their email address.
- Our decision is final.
The detailed legalese regarding our contests and sweepstakes can be found here.
Comments are closed.