The DCR-HC40 MiniDV Handycam gives you all the features youâ€™d expect from a Sony camcorder in an ultra-compact design thatâ€™s as beautiful as the images it captures. It features a 1.0 Megapixel Advanced HAD imaging chip and a Carl Zeiss Vario-Tessar lens which combine to capture video with incredible detail and clarity, making every video picture perfect. It also includes a huge 2.5″ hybrid SwivelScreen touch panel LCD display with a 3D menu system, Super NightShot Plus infrared recording, USB streaming, and digital still image capturing on MemoryStick DUO media. Only Sony could pack so many features in a camcorder so small.
The MiniDV Format offers more precise image detail and color accuracy than previously possible with analog camcorders. The superior quality of digital video results from:
- Higher Resolution — up to 530 lines of horizontal resolution, on select models for sharper picture detail.
- Component Color Sampling — preserves three times more color information than analog VHS and S-VHS video, for brighter and truer colors.
- Time Base Correction — stabilizes the picture, eliminating video jitters.
- Error Correction — fills in missing video data, providing seamless, professional-looking video.
Features of the DCR-HC40 include:
|Carl Zeiss lenses have an advanced optical multi-layer coating offering less glare and flare with increased contrast. This results in vivid image brilliance, true-to-life color saturation and perfect renditions of subtle tones.||Digital Still Memory Mode: Capture digital still images directly onto Memory Stick media for easy transfer to e-mail, printing, or sharing with compatible Memory Stick devices.|
|With a press of the Easy Handycam button, most of the advanced functions of the camcorder are “locked out” leaving only the buttons essential for recording operational.||Super NightShot Plus Infrared System: An advanced version of Sony’s NightShot Infrared system that allows users to record natural color images in low-light conditions, but without the blurring common with other lowlight recording systems.|
|Battery information is momentarily displayed without having to power on the camcorder. Quickly access the battery’s status by pressing the Battery Info button. The Recording Time Available is displayed in minutes on either the LCD screen or in the viewfinder.||Sony’s i.LINK DV (or MICROMV) interface gives you true digital-to-digital editing, without the “generation loss” of analog editing. And the i.LINK interface is compatible with a range of Sony digital VCRs, Sony edit controllers, and Sony PCs with editing software.|
|MPEG Movie EX Mode: Unlike earlier MPEG1 Movies, MPEG Movie EX will allow you to record 320 x 240 resolution MPEG movies uninterrupted up to the capacity of the Memory Stick Duo Media. These movies are perfect for emailing to friends and family.||Stamina Power Management: the combination of low power consumption and an optional InfoLithium battery give Sony Handycam models incredible operating time. To keep tabs on battery life, Sony’s AccuPower meter displays the number of minutes remaining — right in the viewfinder.|
- 1.0 Megapixel (Gross) Advanced HAD CCD Imager 1/5″ Advanced HAD (Hole Accumulation Diode) CCD with 690K (effective) pixels provides excellent detail and clarity, with exceptional video performance (up to 520 lines of horizontal resolution). Realize great looking digital still images utilizing 1000K (effective) pixels. The Megapixel technology enhances your digital videos and digital still photography performance.
- 10X Optical/120X Digital Zoom
The optical zoom helps to bring the action up close from far away. In addition, the digital zoom interpolation means that extreme digital zooming is clearer, with less distortion than previous types of digital zooms.
- 2.5″ Hybrid SwivelScreen LCD Display (123K Pixels): Provides excellent viewing clarity with improved resolution. The 123K pixel LCD display makes images sharp and detailed during playback or when monitoring recording. The Hybrid Reflective-Transmissive LCD Screen provides accurate viewing in sunlight or bright light, virtually eliminating the wash-out common with traditional LCD Screens.
- Progressive Shutter: Mechanical shutter system that provides Progressive Scan performance while utilizing an interlace scanning system. Digital still images will be sharp and clear with excellent definition.
- Analog To Digital Conversion with Pass-Through: Convert and/or record any analog NTSC video source to digital video via the analog inputs. Analog NTSC video can also be passed through the digital Handycam camcorder directly into a PC via the i.LINK interface in real-time for easy PC editing of your analog footage.
- InfoLithium Battery with AccuPower Meter System: Charge the battery at any time because unlike NiCad (Nickel Cadmium) batteries, Sonyâ€™s rechargeable Lithium-Ion batteries are not subjected to a life shortening “memory effect.” Sonyâ€™s exclusive AccuPower meter displays the battery time remaining in minutes in the viewfinder or the LCD screen.
- Super SteadyShot Image Stabilization System: An advanced version of Sonyâ€™s SteadyShot system that controls an even higher range of shake and vibration frequencies, to achieve an even higher level of smoothness without degradation of video like some other image stabilization systems.
- 12-Bit/16-Bit PCM Digital Stereo: 16-Bit offers the same outstanding sound quality as compact disc. 12-Bit recording enables you to add an additional audio track with compatible audio dubbing equipment or i.LINK interface compatible computers.
This camera can connect directly to select printers. Learn more about PictBridge.
What’s in the box:
DCRHC40 MiniDV Digital Handycam, AC-L25 Power Adaptor/ In Camera Charger, NP-FP50 InfoLithium Rechargeable Battery, RMT-831 Wireless Remote Commander Remote Control, USB Cable, MSG-M8A Memory Stick Duo Media, MSAC-M2 Memory Stick Duo Adapter, CR2025 Battery, Multi A/V Cable, LCD Cleaning Cloth, CD-ROM w/Driver (Picture Package Software v1.0 for Sony)
(Please note prices are subject to change and the listed price is correct to the best of our knowledge at the time of posting)