This could be a Harmony-killer. The Nevo SL is a universal remote that can control practically any device that has an IR remote control. It also has built-in WiFi (802.11b). One cool thing that I like about this remote is that the screens are configurable: using a PC application, you can design your own remote control screens to be displayed on the 64,000 color TFT screen. The Nevo also wants to be the only remote you use around your home. You can buy the separate NevoLink which is a small box that can be stuck on your network with its own IP address, and it can be used as a bridge to control devices in other rooms or behind cabinets. Pricey, but if it works as advertised, and the futureproof claim is for real, it could be really attractive.
- Built-in IR database for A/V control
- Built-in Wi-Fi for digital media control
- Wireless multi-room control
- Unmatched Ease of Use and Intuitive Simplicity
- Rich graphical user interface
- Set-up and configuration wizards
- Auto-discovery of digital media content
- Complete Personalization: NevoStudio for drag and drop customization
- Future proof functionality
- Customizable look and feel
- NevoMedia Manager: Designed to run on todays personal computer dor seamlessly connecting, controlling and interacting with digital media anywhere in the connected home.
- Uses open UPnP – standards
- Works with UPnP – compatible media adapters
- Runs on Windows XP platforms
- CPU: Samsung 203MHz Processor
- Memory: 32 MB RM / 64MB SDRAM
- Display: 3.4″ QVA TFT with 64k Colours
- Interface: LCD Touchscreen and 17 Programmable backlit hard keys
- Wireless: Integrated Wi-Fi (802.11b) and Consumer Infrared (CIR)
- Ports: USB 1.1
- OS: WindowsÂ® CE.NET 4.2
- Battery: 1,300mAh Lithium Ion
- Power Supply: 5V DC0.6A
(Please note prices are subject to change and the listed price is correct to the best of our knowledge at the time of posting)
My audio/.video installer just programmed one for us and I LOVE it!! In a great room with a plasma, an xbox, a blue ray player, a tuner, life was a mess of remotes. This one does it all! It took a few sessions to fine tune it to our preferrences but at this point I have zero complaints and no longer grimmace when I want to turn something on. Oh yes, we listen to internet radio and we have 4 zones in the house. It does them all.
We tried putting two of these in last year and there was a conflict between them. I don't know if I could still put the second one in at this point but the master bedroom TV would be my next desire. It takes 3 remotes to operate. One for satellite, one for the TV (sleep mode) and one for the zone its in. I can handle it but the Nevo would make it much easier.
The technician placed virtual "buttons" in the screen portion such as "watch TV" "listen to internet radio" "watch Blue Ray" etc. Now its the push of a button and LG!!!!
Comments are closed.