The MX-780HD has finally been released after rumors of it first appeared last year. It’s the 3rd generation in the MX line and the successor to the acclaimed MX-760HD. Apart from its new sleek black color, the 780 features HDMI out, and HD support all the way up to 1080p. Just like the 760, the 780 can have a hard drive inserted for tons of storage, but this time it supports both IDE and SATA drives.
In case you’ve never heard of these Media Centers, let’s take a quick look at what it can do. For starters, stream content (music, videos, movies, photos, whatever) from your computer to your entertainment center via Ethernet (10/100Mbps), WiFi or even USB 2.0; record and playback content onto/from its built-in hard drive (HD); it’s portable so you can take your content on the road and hook it up wherever you go. There are all kinds of things you can do, but take a look at its specs to get an idea.
* Video Formats: DivX, XviD, DVD (ISO/VOB/IFO), MPEG, VCD(DAT), WMV(WMV-9), ASF(WMV-9), TP, TS, TRP
* Audio Formats: MP3, WMA, AAC, OGG, PMC, AC3, M4A, DTS decoding (down-mixing / Pass though)
* Image Formats: BMP, JPG, PNG
* Subtitle Support: SMO, SRT, SUB
* Video Out: HDMI, Composite, S-Video, Component
* Audio Out: RCA, Digital Coaxial, Optical
* TV System: NTSC, PAL, Auto
* HD Support: 720p, 1080i, 1080p
* Networking: 802.11b/g (WEP/WPA), 10/100 Ethernet, NDAS
* Internal Disk: 3.5â€ IDE or SATA
* USB: Slave (for connecting to computer) and Host (for additional storage)