To start off our disaster week gadgets, we chose a Dell Multifunction Laser Printer. Why would we chose a laser printer/fax/scanner/copier?
The Geeks believe the first step in becoming prepared for a disaster is to make electronic copies of important documents. The Dell 1815dn allows you to scan documents and send straight to an email address such as a gmail account without even being hooked to a computer. By sending scanned digital copies of your documents to a gmail type account, you can access your scanned documents from any Internet-accessible computer even if the disaster destroys your paper documents.
* 4-in-1 Design: Combines quality black and white printing, faxing, scanning and copying all in one device
* Fast: Prints up to 27 pages per minute in black and white (Actual speed will vary with use)
* High Quality: Produces professional-grade documents at up to 600 x 600 dpi (1200 image quality)
* Convenient: Includes standard 10/100 BaseT Networking. USB 2.0 high speed in back and USB 1.1 full speed in front
* Flexible: Features standard duplex printing and optional second paper drawer
(Please note prices are subject to change and the listed price is correct to the best of our knowledge at the time of posting)