Are you filling up your USB thumbdrive too quickly or destroying it by dropping it, crushing it, etc.? Then the Buffalo Ministation may be for you. It’s a portable 40GB drive in a shock absorbing case. The Ministation is about 50% longer than a typical USB thumbdrive, about as wide as a thumbdrive is long and very thin. It contains a 5400 RPM hard drive that ‘floats’ inside the case and supports both USB 2.0 and 1.1. In addition, Buffalo ships with a Windows utility to help you back up files on your PC. You can also get a utility to encrypt the contents on the drive. Considering the cost per GB (around $3.65/GB) as compared to that of a thumbdrive (at least $50/GB), this may be the way to go. The Ministation also comes in a 80GB version that brings the price down to around $2.50/GB.
- Floating Internal Supports and Shock Absorbing Case Protect Against Minor Bumps and Shocks (Severe shocks or abuse may still damage the drive.)
- High-Speed 5400 rpm Hard Drive
- Includes Two USB 2.0 Data Cables (30.47 cm and 81.28 cm)
- Automatic Setup â€“ No Drivers Needed
- Pre-formatted for Immediate Use
- Supports USB 2.0 and 1.1
- Lightweight, Compact and Portable
- Near-silent Operation
- Secure Lock Ware Utility Encrypts the Hard Drive’s Data by using 256 bit AES Encryption.
- Windows Automated Backup Utility for Backing up Files from Your PC
(Please note prices are subject to change and the listed price is correct to the best of our knowledge at the time of posting)