We pretty much let the cat out of the bag in the leadup article for the #1 category of Video Game Consoles, so without further ado, we give you the Microsoft Xbox 360. The PS3 and Wii may have been hotter than the Xbox, but hey, at least you can get an Xbox! So what do you get? The Xbox boasts not just gameplay, but high-definition video (720p/1080i/1080p), DVD movie playback, digital music, photos, and online connectivity. Not too shabby you Nintendo and Sony fanfolk. Powered by custom IBM PowerPC-based CPU with three symmetrical cores each running at 3.2 GHz, the Xbox also has a custom ATI GPU. Also in this little unit is a 12x dual-layer DVD-ROM drive, 64MB flash memory and an optional 20GB hard drive.
- All games are in high-definition — supports 16:9 televisions, 720p, 1080i and 1080p resolutions with anti-aliasing
- Supports Memory Units starting at 64MB and 20GB hard drive
- Supports Xbox 360 HD-DVD player add-on for high-definition movie playback
- Backwards compatible with many original Xbox titles (requires Hard Drive)
- Multi-channel surround sound compatible (requires Component HD Cables)
(Please note prices are subject to change and the listed price is correct to the best of our knowledge at the time of posting)