This remote provides a simple and intuitive control of even the most elaborate home entertainment system.
* No macros needed – one button will automatically set up entertainment system
* Backlit keypad and buttons for easy control day or night
* Quick set up on the Web and download the data directly to remote
At last, an intuitive remote control optimized for the latest generation of digital entertainment devices, including TiVo and Replay PVRs. The Harmony 688 Remote is the world’s only remote with Smart State Technologyâ„¢ Activity Control. Just press an Activity button such as “Watch TV” or “Watch a Movie”, and the Harmony 688 Remote will automatically set-up your entertainment system in seconds without you ever having to program a ‘macro’. The remote provides simple, intuitive control of even the most elaborate entertainment system for anyone in the family.
Easy to Set-up
The Harmony 688 Remote Activities are configured through unique Web Wizard tools on a dedicated Website for Harmony users. With the world’s only Smart State Database of electronic devices, set-up is a snap. The community-driven database together with IR learning ensures support of all infrared-controlled devices made by any manufacturer, including TiVo, HDVCR, HDTV, Plasma Displays, Monitors, Projectors, Lighting Control, CD/DVD-R, PVR, Satellite Radios, Amplifiers, DVD Players, Receivers, Dual VCRs and even combination devices like DVD-VCR components.
Great for TiVo Users
The remote’s strength is its dedicated buttons designed for digital video recorders. It has a new stylish design for comfortable and complete TiVO/PVR control, Page buttons for On Screen Guide Navigation and 4 one-touch activity buttons. Also includes 4 dedicated activity buttons, including a 5-way joystick directional key.
More Than Just a Remote
With interactive media capabilities, you can select TV Shows, Movies or Music titles from the interactive display. You can even control devices like lights, fireplace and your personal computer! Sports a sleek design and comes in metallic silver and gun-metal black.
* USB Plug ‘n Play â€” After completing the Web Wizard set-up, program the remote by simply connecting the Harmony 688 Remote to your computer with the supplied USB cable.
* Help Button â€” One touch help for any problems you might encounter.
* Activity Buttons â€” Easily start your favorite Activities with just one press of a button!
* Interactive Display â€” Easy to read interactive display keeps you in control and informed of what’s going on.
* Backlight Glow â€” Backlighting makes the buttons and interactive display glow brightly for easy use in the dark.
* PVR Control â€” Convenient access to transport controls (FF, RW, Pause, Play, etc.) makes using PVR/Tivo.
* Learning Ports â€” Just point your original remote at the Learning Port to capture and use any infrared command with the Harmony 688 Remote.
System Requirements: Windows
98SE/ME/2000/XP and Mac OS X 10.2 or later, Internet access and 10MB hard drive space.
Unit has 2MB non-volatile flash memory. When connected, unit gets power from the computer. When disconnected, unit is powered by 4 AAA batteries (included). Dimensions: 8.1″ x 2.3″ x 1.3″.
(Please note prices are subject to change and the listed price is correct to the best of our knowledge at the time of posting)